installing...

The new base2_1.tgz file seems to be using glibc2.0.99, while it looks
like the -dev packages in the devel subdirectory use 2.0.95...when I try
to install them things go a little strange.

I've never used debian, but so far it looks cool.  I like the package
manager a lot!

A couple questions for those who have time:
1) Why is there no network init script in /etc/init.d?  I made my own, but
I'd prefer it to be 'correct' as far as debian goes, not just have it
work.

Where should I be installing from?  (say, via ftp for example)
ftp.us.debian.org?

Is there a more up to date powerpc repository?

Perhaps I'm just doing things wrong, and that's why the librarys get
screwed up, but I'm new to debian.

I definately like the fact that it uses the newer glibc :)

Thanks for all the great work...I'm looking forward to getting a working
system together so I can help out.

Josh

Josh Huber | huberj@wpi.edu | http://www.wpi.edu/~huberj