Re: Apt dies in configure (slang problem).

On 23 Aug 1998, Rob Browning wrote:

> FWIW, I tried to build apt, and it died during the configure stage
> with an SLang problem.  After I hacked configure.in, it got past that
> stage, but it ends up needing libg++ which it looks like isn't
> available yet.  Is that a major sticking point right now?

nothing should be requiring libg++.. the c++ compiler should know to use
libstdc++.  does configure really check for libg++? or just a working c++
compiler (which is what it should be doing)?  libg++ is only kept around
for compatibility (which IMO we don't really need since we're making a
jump from an incompatible libc).

matt.