Re: slink Tarball Progress

> I have all the packages necessary compiled; boot-floppies was a little
> unfriendly to me however (failed three times and then the scsi activity
> panicked my kernel).  So, still trying.

don't forget to make a standalone tarball for people don't using floppies.

> > hwclock just barely supports non-i386 architectures, i.e. first it tries
>  some ioctl, and if that fails, it tries direct hardware access, this is so
> > it works for m68k and possibly alpha besides i386. The standard Debian init
> > scripts are designed to cope with either a 'clock' binary or a 'hwclock'
> > binary, since pmac-utils has a 'clock' binary, we should be able to use it.

> In which case hwclock should be removed.  I'll try to remember to do
> that :)

i am not sure that is the best option.

i remember the redhat clock binary don't work so good on linux/apus (that is powerpc
boards for amiga) who is a lot like linux/m68k. I would like to have a working clock
for this setup.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER