newbie items

I've looked in on #debian a bit, have followed the list for a couple of
days, and I'd like to contribute to the PowerPC port, if possible. I
realize it's probably very much under development, but I admire the i386
version and would love to see Debian running on Macs and other
PowerPC-based machines.

I'd be happy to look at a page of things needing done, if there is one.

I'd also like to look at something on how to get started with things
Debian from, say, an MKLinux or LinuxPPC installation, if such
information exists.

Thanks,

Jeffrey