Suggestions on affordable ppc notebook

I am a college student looking for a notebook.  I am constantly on the
go, so being able to type anywhere would be a plus.  The new G3's look
nice but the price tag is a wee much.  Can anyone suggest a good
notebook -- nothing really fancy needed.  I am new to ppc hardware so I
do not really know what is waht.  Any and all suggestions on hardware,
cost, where to find them, etc. are welcome.  You can e-mail me
personally or cc the list.