Debian for PB3400

Hi all,

I am new to the list, and from reading some of the archived posts, I gather
that this is a developers list rather than a support list.  However, I have
a few questions that I hope can be answered easily.  I am also new to
PowerPC (have always used i386) so bear with me.

1.  Will the PowerPC version of Debian run on my PB3400c/240, or is it only
for desktop Macs?

2.  When are the install disks for the PowerPC version going to be
available on ftp.debian.org?

3.  I have had debian installed on my intel box for about a year or so, and
know how to install without a hitch...how does the Mac install work?  Do I
install from within the Mac OS?

4.  Do I need to make a separate partition on my Mac HD (for Debian) before
installing Debian?  If I do, how do I do it?  If I don't, why don't I?

4a. I know how to dual boot with Intel boxes (NT and Linux)...how do I do
it with my PB3400?

5.  I have heard a little about MkLinux, and explored the site hosted by
apple (www.mklinux.apple.com or something).  Is Debian based on this? (I
read some posts about using the MkLinux installer or something)

6.  Anything else I should know?

Thanks for the help.

Dan

õ¿õ