Re: libgmp work

Martin Schulze <joey@carelia.infodrom.north.de> writes:
> Afaik theres still a problem.  Just try to compile it and you'll
> see the problem.  We're getting internal compiler errors during
> compilation of some packages (binutils, egcs...)

I believe to have a working (hand-compiled) binutils and egcs that may
work better for bootstrapping.  They appear to work well for
statically linked C code, but have trouble generating shared libraries
and compiling C++ code.  I'll put them in ~kdienes/egcs on
powerpc.debian.org; they should be finished uploading in a few minutes.

I'm also working on glibc2 and a better GDB, but progress is slow ---
I'll try to post more on my progress as soon as I can.