Re: PowerPC.debian.org

> The system looks quite good (it's Debian so what else would you
> expect).  There is only one problem that we don't have a compiler on
> that machine at the moment.  I hope this will change within the next
> days.

Oops, sorry about that.  There's a few packages that I built "by
hand", either by heavy tweaking to the source files, or in some cases
by pillaging other people's binary packages.

To make sure I don't get too dependent on this "cheating", I've been
keeping those files in a separate directory.  They're now in my home
directory on master.debian.org under ~klee/debian (I'd put them on
powerpc.debian.org, but I don't yet have a home directory or sudo
access).

And while I remember:

Be careful also that the versions of bash and e2fsprogs in the ftp
repository are currently highly unstable --- e2fsck in particular will
often trash entire filesystems by mistake.

I used the versions of bash and e2fsprogs from the alien/ directory in
the install image; we should probably stick with those until we get
the new ones working better.