Re: system clock runs too fast on pb12"

Am Sam, 2003-05-31 um 19.48 schrieb Sebastian Raible:
> I now experienced that the system clock of my PowerBook 12" runs too fast.
> I'm adjusting it nearly once an hour using ntpdate now and it seems to
> change about +1m per hour.

If there's a file "/etc/adjtime": Delete it.

If you adjust time manually, linux recognizes this and tries to
calculate something like "Oh, this machine seems to lose 1 minute per
hour, I'll adjust time by this value".

This "correction" is certainly wrong if i.e. your clock was totally
wrong and you corrected the time by a year.

So, after changing time manually delete this file.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o)    fontlinge  | Font management for Linux  | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\                                  http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/