Repartitioin hard disk for OS X

I have Debian, OS X and OS 9 on my 10Gb iBook.
Now I am thinking remove the Debian and empty some space for OS X.

My plan is run mac-fdisk in Debian and change the partition to hfs+.
I am not sure what would happen when it is rebooted.

1) The yaboot boatloader should still allow me to boot into OS X ? I
believe the answer is yes.  But I better make sure it is.
2) Will OS X recognize the new hfs+ partition?

What's your suggestion?
Thanks.

Dong