Re: Trouble installing debian 3.0 on PowerMac 7300/166

Try

    $ lspci | grep VGA

On my 8500, I get

00:0e.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro (rev 5c)
01:0b.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Apple Computer Inc. Control Video

I use the ATI card and not the on-board controller, so the line in my
XF86Config-4 is

    BusID           "PCI:0:14:0"

If I were to use the "Control" Video, which is what I think you have in
your 7300 as well, the line would probably read

    BusID           "PCI:1:11:0"

The conversion is (I think - and someone in the know, please correct me
if I'm wrong):  the first number after "PCI:" is the PCI bus ID, and
that is from the first field of the output of lspci.  The second number
after "PCI:" is the hex to decimal conversion of the second field of the
lcpci output (so 0e -> 14 as I use, and 0b should -> 11) and the last
field in "PCI:" should match up with the number after the "." from the
lspci output ...

HTH
vinai

P.S.  To get my real e-mail add., replace "4" with "for"