ibook debian xfree86

hi all,

i´ve tryed many times to intall xwindows on the debian (woody) at my ibook (500mhz 12" display) but i cant run it! i tryed everything but the result is everytime the same, it try to start x then there is a little grey stripe in the second third of the screen and then it goes back in the text-based debian. i´ve installed benh kernel and three other but always the same sh**! the ibook told me everytime that it cannot read the v_bios (5)!!! have anyone a kernel for that machine? or any hints!!!!!???

thanks, bye, albert