Re: ftp/ssh services behind a router and firewall

Thanks, your reference to port forwarding was all i needed. i looked
at the router, twiddled with it a bit and have port forwarding on
ssh and ftp.  All seems fine except one thing:

from my remote shell account at freeshell.org, i can ftp into my debian box
without a hitch.  however, i can't ftp into the same address from
home, nor can a friend from his machine.  Any ideas why ftp from
freeshell.org works and the other attempts do not?  ftp from home
to other ftp addresses works fine. I'm running proftp

cheers,

I'd spent hours messing around with my router and firewall and the
answer was so simple....

Joss