standby issue on a TiBook III / latest benh's and daenzer's

Hi Power PC mentors,
  I'm a Power PC newbie and I've just installed a Debian on one of the
latest Apple's titanium.

I'm using the latest Benh's kernel (upgraded not more than a week ago),
Daenzer's xfree apt repository and pbbuttonsd to manage laptop's
standby.

Stanby works correctly if X isn't running. If X is running (no matter on
which console) the laptop go in standby but fail to recover from it,
somethings wake up (like keyboard leds) but the display doesn't. The
machine seems not to be reacheable also via network.

I've read that in the past standby had problem but, if I have understood
correctly, latest benh's kernel should fix this not to put on sleep the
graphic chip.

Is this a known issue?

TIA,
Cheers.