[Popcon-developers] options to disable reporting arch, popconver, vendor, packages, timestamps, nofiles?

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 04:05:09PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering if there were options to disable some of the things
> popcon reports, would we see more people enabling popcon?

It seems unlikely to me. Rather I would expect this will lead new submitters to
disable some of the fields and this will likely reduce the number of full
report.

But my major objection is, what would we do with partial reports ?

We have already so much submitters than handling the traffic is non trivial.
Having more subscribers reporting less useful data does not seem useful.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.