[Popcon-developers] popcon 1.56ubuntu1 report to Debian

(resending that one, it was sent while alioth was down in novembre and
looking to the online archive it seems that it didn't arrive after
service resumed)

Le 29/10/2013 16:56, Bill Allombert a ?crit :
> We are 6 months later and popcon.debian.org is still receiving more than
> 1300 reports from Ubuntu users each days.
>
> I really think Ubuntu should work to mitigate the loss of Debian resources
> caused by this bug.
>
> As for the security issue: Ubuntu popularity-contest is sending non-anonymized,
> confidential data to a third party that is unwilling to receive them.

Hey,

Sorry about that, I though we had it fixed (I didn't notice by then that
we had a stable release with the buggy version).

It's surprising that the Ubuntu 12.10 reports didn't go down when the
new stable arrived ... are all those reports from 1.56ubuntu1?

In any case I just did a SRU with the fix to this serie:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/popularity-contest/+bug/1250975

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher