[Popcon-developers] Encrypted popcon submissions

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I suspect the new encryption feature would break
> popcon.skolelinux.org, as we have not investigated the new feature and
> use popularity-contest directly from Debian.  Our collector would
> start getting encrypted submissions and lack the key to decrypt them.

This could be solved by having a mapping between encryption keys and
URLs. A mechanism that would allow derivatives to just drop some
files/dirs into their base-files package would probably be the
easiest.

Also you could just have popcon in DebianEdu submit only to the Debian
popcon site, IIRC DebianEdu sets the dpkg vendor field to something
other than Debian?

> For Jessie, I hope we have time to figure out a solution, but for
> Wheezy we are not going to rewrite that part of our system.

Fair enough.

--
bye,
pabs