[Popcon-developers] Debian popcon will soon pass 70 000 submissions

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> [Joey Hess]
> > A less spinnable[0] way might be to say that the number of people
> > chosing to report they've installed Debian has increased 5-fold[1]
> > over the last year.
>
>   2005-11-26:     9203
>   2006-11-26:    19941
>   2007-11-26:    69503

The popcon count reached 70 000, and then it started falling.  I have
no idea why, if it is a capasity problem with the service or if the
number of contributors really is dropping.  But I thought it best to
mention it.

It peaked on 2007-12-23 with 70346 submissions.

<URL:http://popcon.debian.org/> show that the reduction is in the
number of stable installations, not in the number of unstable or
testing installatiaons.  It might indicate a proble with stable, or as
I said, a problem with the popcon service.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen