[Popcon-developers] Using popcon internally at my work

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Anton Piatek]
>
>> Also, your thoughts on the best way to get package popularity inside
>> our company would be most appreciated. Mostly just our custom
>> packages (all from one repository server, but no real distinctive
>> naming conventions are used) but perhaps all Debian packages would
>> help our packagers too.
>>

> We are fine with having such non-debian packages collected.  It give
> us an idea about what popular packages are missing in Debian.
>
> The server side of popcon is included in the examples directory in the
> popularit-contest package.  It is perfectly doable to list several
> email addresses and HTTP URLs on the clients to report to several
> collectors.  This is for example done by the Debian Edu project, see
> <URL:http://popcon.skolelinux.org/>.  It is a bit work to set up, but
> not too hard.

Should I just create a package with only the config file? How do I stop
the debian one from splatting it if a new version of the debian one is
released? (Repackaging the whole of the popcon package with a higher
number sounds silly)

Anton

email: anton at piatek.co.uk
blog/photos:			http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [0xB307BAEF]	(http://tastycake.net/~anton/anton.asc)
fingerprint: 116A 5F01 1E5F 1ADE 78C6 EDB3 B9B6 E622 B307 BAEF