[Popcon-developers] How are the popcon-web/*.sections files generated?

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:35:14PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> The popcon.pl script used to generate all the web summaries seem to
> read the following files
>
>   popcon-web/potato-nonUS.sections  popcon-web/slink.sections
>   popcon-web/potato.sections        popcon-web/woody-nonUS.sections
>   popcon-web/slink-nonUS.sections   popcon-web/woody.sections
>
> Here is an example from woody.sections:
>
>   3270-common non-free/net
>   3dchess games
>   3dwm-clock graphics
>   3dwm-csgclient graphics
>
> How are these files generated?  Should we make new ones for sarge and
> etch?

Only one for sarge, but it is not urgent.

> Are these really needed?  I suspect it is better to read the section
> directly from the Packages file instead of hardcoding them on the
> disk.

slink and potato Packages files are not available on gluck. The woody
one might disappear in the future, so it is safer to use this file.
Beside it is much faster to parse.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>