Why do we have both locales/ and policy/locale/ ?

Hello,

'make update-po' changes files under locales/.
Our translators Hideki, Fei Ding and Ke Zhang work under policy/locale/.

This seems wrong.  As far as I can tell, when the English is updated, we
are not updating the .po files that are actually being translated.

Looking at

    % git log --stat -10 --author=henrich debian/4.2.0.1

shows that around the time when Hideki internationalised Policy, he was
editing files under both directories.  This suggests that it wasn't that
Ian, Russ or I accidentally introduced a duplicate set of .po files when
we were later working on the internationalisation.

Does anyone know what's going on?

The 'next' branch has the current state of play.

--
Sean Whitton