Re: Bug #1013195: base-files: Please add AGPL-3 license

Hello,

On Wed 26 Apr 2023 at 11:53AM -07, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Robert Ernst <roberternst+debian@posteo.de> writes:
>
>> Also I kindly remark my still open questions regarding:
>
>> - Is there enough manpower in the debian policy team?
>
> No, not really.

I think that we have enough editorial manpower.  It's relatively rare
for things to be left hanging once consensus is established.  We would
definitely benefit from more people working on patch text, engaging in
discussions to establish consensus etc.

> I had at one point planned out next steps for resolving all the requests
> to add new licenses to base-files.  The root problem is that it's not
> clear what the rest of the project expects in terms of license inclusion
> in base-files, and we need to pin that down so that we have a somewhat
> objective criteria.  That should likely be a debian-devel conversation
> that's actively guided to reach some sort of consensus, and I suspect some
> sort of straw polling would be useful since there are a lot of opinions
> and it's the sort of topic where we may not be able to judge the consensus
> of the project purely from the discussion.
>
> Things that I think need to be resolved:
>
> [...]

Thank you for these thoughts.
I agree with you about what needs to be done.

--
Sean Whitton