Re: Converting dev-ref to use rST

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 02:04:43AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:15:52AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found one Italian translation error.  (bogus duplicate copy of msgstr)
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:03:35PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I realize I can do better ...
> >
> > Instead of sed, I am replacing text with a short python script to deal
> > with markup across lines.
>
> I found Russian irregularities and pandoc fussiness on docbook
> whitespaces etc.
>
> I think conversion is OK with rest8 branch.  I just need to figure out
> how to build Sphinx with PO.

Well ... many problems were found.  Some in original translation PO source.

I think I did OK for sphinx, I need to update this for packaging.

     https://salsa.debian.org/debian/developers-reference/tree/rest8

Problem is Sphinx uses different strategy to provide multiple languages
from one used on www.debian.org.  I guess following Python site
convention seems good idea.

I will keep working on this branch.

Osamu