Re: Converting dev-ref to use rST

Osamu Aoki wrote:
Oops.  How does reST infrastructure handle entity definition equivalent.

Currently, DATA type content is defined in common.ent to avoid noise
to translator.

One way is to change these

NOW
<!ENTITY codename-oldoldstable "wheezy">

to SED script

s/@@@codename-oldoldstable@@@/wheezy/g

to deal this.  To do this we need to preload common.ent with a dummy
data.  Then we should get nice base XML without entity reference.

In Sphinx, you can define substitutions as follows:

.. |foo| replace:: expansion of foo

and then write |foo| in the .rst sources.

You can put such definitions in a separate file and use
«.. include» at the top of each .rst file to make them available.

See http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/basics.html#substitutions

-M-