Re: Converting dev-ref to use rST

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 05:29:16PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 10:15:56AM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> > I don't know of any automated solution.  We might just have to keep the
> > old source and continue building translations from that until each
> > language is manually converted?  :\
>
> once we have a script which does the conversion, cant we use po4a to
> generate a $language version as docbook, then run the converting script
> on it and then recreate the po file from the new format?

Current best practice to internationalize reST is to use
   SPHINXINTL = sphinx-intl
(This is used by policy now)

This is one way reST to POT and POT to PO merge and translated reST
generation tool (Unlike po4a, we can't make po from matching translation
reST source.)
   http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/intl.html

So my script comes handy to do this po generation from matching translation
reST source.
   https://github.com/osamuaoki/poutils

Osamu