Re: Heads-up: new lintian error: no-human-maintainers

Hello Russ,

On Mon 22 Apr 2019 at 11:03AM -07, Russ Allbery wrote:

> This was a request from ftpmaster so that they had a contact point for
> each package in the case of any problems.  If they're happy for this
> requirement to be removed for d-i packages, we're happy to update Policy
> accordingly.  Presumably the d-i team is the contact for anything related
> to udebs, so that may fulfill their requirement.  (If they're unhappy, we
> should talk more about it.)

Hmm, I think you might be forgetting a bit of context -- unless I'm
forgetting something, the main opposition to the 2017 attempt to kill
the human uploaders requirement was that it would make the MIA process
more difficult for the MIA team to carry out.

Both members and non-members of the MIA team were arguing that.  I do
not believe the ftpmasters were involved in that discussion at all.

ISTM that an exception for d-i packages would be much less
controversial.

--
Sean Whitton