Re: Purging conffiles in stateless packages

On 26/08/2018 03:52, Russ Allbery wrote:
Gioele Barabucci <gioele@svario.it> writes:

is there a guideline on how to treat user-provided configuration files
during configuration purging in packages for programs that follow the
"stateless" paradigm (default in `/usr`, override in `/etc`)?

The short answer from a Policy perspective is no, I don't think we have
any guidance about that.

[...]

If you feel like Policy should offer some guidance here (which seems like
a reasonable request to me), feel free to open a bug against Policy.

Thank you Russ for the input. Here is the bug report for further discussion: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=907313

Regards,

--
Gioele Barabucci <gioele@svario.it>