Keeping master releaseable without posting to d-d-a

[this message is not likely to be of much interest to anyone other than
Russ, since he's the only person other than me who commits to
policy.git, but sending to the list for transparency and any input]

Hello,

I would like to suggest that we start committing normative changes to
Policy to a branch other than master.  It could be called 'next'.

We don't normally release normative changes until we have at least four
or five changes to release, to avoid bombarding the project with new
Standards-Version values and d-d-a e-mails.  But it would be nice not to
have to block non-normative changes on accumulating enough normative
changes.

For example, the four most recent uploads, 4.2.1.1, 4.2.1.2, 4.2.1.3 and
4.2.1.4, all make improvements to those reading Policy online.  Had
there been a single normative change sitting on master, say, those
uploads would not have been made.

This might mean we have to manually merge d/changelog, but I think
that's a reasonable price to pay.

--
Sean Whitton