Re: Commits fixing #835520 delete some sections

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> These commits entirely delete some sections.  Do we need to update
> references, or is it okay to have the old numbers in section id fields,
> with docbook renumbering the sections in the output formats?

> Please let me know how this has been handled previously.

Previously, we've always kept tombstone sections that just say "this
section has been deleted" so that the sections aren't renumbered.
Otherwise, we have to update the section numbers in upgrading-checklist
(and possibly invalidate other external references).

I'm not wedded to that as the best way of doing this; just not sure what
would be better.