Re: FYI: "Wording:" changelog convention

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 12:09:00PM -0400, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> README.md says that "Wording:" is for the author of a change.  However,
> I believe that the intention of the field is not to give credit to the
> author of a patch, but to indicate who sought seconds for the patch.  So
> I've replaced "author" with "proposer" in README.md.
>
> Please let me know if I've misunderstood "Wording:"'s purpose.

In general, I use Wording to credit the person that wrote the proposal,
not the person who sought seconds. This assuming the writer endorce the
proposal, but this is always the case in practice.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.