Re: FYI: Updates to copyright and author notices

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> I wonder if Policy might refer to the package changelog for a reader
> seeking more comprehensive information on copyrights?  I have in mind
> the Haskell team's boilerplate for d/copyright:

>     Files: debian/*
>     Copyright: held by the contributors mentioned in debian/changelog
>     License: BSD-3-clause

I did that in debian/copyright:

Comment: Complete copyright notices for all contributors to the various
 documents included in this package have not been comprehensively tracked.
 For a more thorough (but still incomplete) list of contributors who may
 have a copyright interest in these documents, see debian/changelog.

but it felt a bit weird to do that in the document published on the web,
since I'd have to explain how to go find that changelog, and it seemed a
bit tedious.  Plus, even that isn't really a complete list, since I'm sure
we've merged patches from people without noting their name, if only by
accident.