Re: Shall we convert the Policy to DocBook XML soonish ? (Re: Q: any reason for debian-policy non-i18n-ed?)

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:50:21AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> One of the blockers is the long-standing goal of converting its source from
> DebianDoc SGML format to DocBook XML (https://bugs.debian.org/175064), which
> would obviously create a lot of extra work for the translators.
>
> What would people think about switching to DocBook XML within the next six
> months ?

All I'd say is that if the blocker has been resolved, and the blocker was
person-power, then I'd suggest a quick re-evaluation of the options on the
table rather than assuming that the right answer is still DocBook XML. For
example asciidoc probably came along since the original decision was
considered and it may be worthy of evaluation.

--
Jonathan Dowland