improvements to the Developers Reference maintenance workflows?

Hi all,

[Apologies for the CC in case some of the uploaders are subscribed]
[Please CC me if you want me to read your response]

Some of you may be aware there has been a discussion about devref on
debian-private and debian-project, the threads started here:

<20140613131135.GA7215@x61s.reliablesolutions.de>
https://lists.debian.org/20140618120859.GA7048@jwilk.net

Here is a summary of possible improvements:

Switch to a different documentation format that more people are able to
write, this probably too much work to be useful though.

Switch from svn to git. Many people prefer git to svn, this might
increase the amount of people willing to contribute.

Publish directly to the website on each git push. This would make the
devref copy on the website less stale. An alternative might be weekly or
monthly releases to the archive.

Add an ACL so that all Debian members are able to commit (or move to
collab-maint). This would lower the bar for contributions, allow trivial
issues to be fixed easily and reduce change latency.

Call for help so that more people get involved and more issues get
fixed. This could be a single mail to d-d-a or a DevNews entry. This
should probably only happen after some improvements are made.

https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

--
bye,
pabs