Re: Updating the Policy Editors delegation

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> So, in summary, I think there is nothing to be done here, except
> (ideally) for you to withdraw the delegation statement.

> The policy editors will continue to be the maintainers of the policy
> package, and can change the policy team membership and the policy
> process as they see fit.  Their substantive decisons are subject to
> the TC's review.  If they go entirely mad the TC can replace them.

I would be unhappy about moving in this direction.  We went to some effort
a while back to convert the Policy Editor role to a delegated role in the
Debian project, and I continue to think that's appropriate given the
importance of Policy to the project as a whole.  It provides another level
of review that can focus on the process and health of the team, as opposed
to the TC review, which the constitution focuses on the contents of the
results.

I would prefer to have the Policy Editors continue to be a delegated
position for that reason.