Re: Policy §10.5 and .jar file noticeable exception

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 03:55:38PM +0300, Eugene Zhukov wrote:
> I encountered a Lintian warning executable-not-elf-or-script with one
> of my packages and then I learned about outstanding
> Lintian<->debian-policy bug #539315.
> How about fixing the policy by adding an exception for .jar files?

How do you execute .jar files? binfmt-misc on Linux? On kFreeBSD?

Bastian

PS: I used binfmt-misc a long time ago to "execute" mpeg 1 layer 3 audio
files.

--
If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
		-- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9