[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#659070: marked as done (www.debian.org: internal links point to English pages in <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.fr.html>)



Your message dated Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:25:57 +0900
with message-id <20130326232557.GC23401@falafel.plessy.net>
and subject line Re: Bug#703619: www.debian.org: language-related problem with http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference pages
has caused the Debian Bug report #703619,
regarding www.debian.org: internal links point to English pages in <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.fr.html>
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
703619: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=703619
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: www.debian.org
Severity: normal
Usertags: pca.it-l10n

Hi there!

The internal links on the French version of the developers-reference
point to the English pages or, better, to the pages without the language
definition.

I looked on the BTS if a similar bug was already reported, but the
closest one I found is #406228, which however I am not sure it is
related.

Please note that this is a clear bug in the WWW pages, given that the
links are OK in the developers-reference-fr package because there is no
language involved there ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Attachment: pgpWqpl7YTIhR.pgp
Description: PGP signature


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Le Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 01:28:44PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre a écrit :
> On 2013-03-24 19:20:17 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > like for the other pages of the Debian website, the Developers Reference is
> > served by content negociation and for that reason it is not possible to
> > transiently change the default language without the use of a browser plugin (or
> 
> By correcting the internal links to those corresponding to the same
> language, it is possible. This is what is usually done. But perhaps
> it is related to this:
> 
> > From a general point of view, I think that this bug can be closed, as the
> > Debian website works as intended.  However, in contrary to the pages generated
> > by WML, the Developers Reference web pages do not have link to the available
> > translations.  Therefore, you can also consider reassigning this bug to the
> > developers-reference package.  But given the usual lack of manpower, a patch
> > would then be very welcome if you want the reassignment to have an effect in
> > the short-mid term :)

Hi Vincent,

indeed, it is unlikely that links from a "foo.fr.html" page will be corrected
to point to "bar.fr.html" page instead of "bar.html" in the Developers
Reference web pages.  I am therefore closing that bug.

Cheers,

-- 
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

--- End Message ---

Reply to: