Re: Upcoming Policy plans

Hi,

Le 02/03/2012 23:43, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>
>> First, I plan on releasing 3.9.3.1 next week

Thanks for the reminder.

> debian-www folks, this version will have upgrading-checklist.html in the
> policy.html directory.  I believe this is a better document to publish
> than the current text upgrading-checklist document that devel-manuals
> links to, although you could link to both if you wanted.

Agreed, we should update the existing links to the text file in order to
point to this new version when it will be available, but we may let the
text file where it is if people rely on this existing feature.

> But, as mentioned, I suspect the link to Git is plenty.

I guess so (we don't plan to package the sources of the website either
anyway). Let's not overthink it, but thanks for pointing that we will be
able to publish the sources in the accurate directories if we really
feel the need of it later.

There is something else I didn't thought earlier: with the conversion
from DebianDoc to DocBook, the HTML pages and anchors names will change.
We would like to prepare the accurate redirections in order to deploy
them as soon as possible with the updated Policy. If I understood
correctly, it won't be in the version you'll publish next week, but in a
later one, so there is no hurry (we already prepared such redirections
for other documents recently converted, so it shouldn't be too difficult).

Regards

David