Re: Upcoming Policy plans

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Part of the goal of waiting until we were in release freeze was precisely
> so that it was clear that people shouldn't target wheezy with updates for
> this version of Policy.  Maybe we should make that explicit by declining
> to release the new version into the archive until wheezy is released?
>
> We could relax the freeze of merging new changes once the conversion is
> done, but just not upload a new version.  It's not like Policy uploads
> have been horribly frequent anyway.

Yeah, it certainly would not hurt.

In terms of general workflow for the project, having lots of policy work
done during a freeze is certainly a good thing so that when development
starts again, the new policy is released and we have lots of time to
implement the required changes.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer