Re: alternative dependency ordering - with respect of packages in main

On 20/09/11 06:24 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> In my intended case I believe they always end up with foo from main,
> only if they choose foo-contrib will they get it, which is how I think
> it should be. main should not reference packages from contrib/non-free
> in any way.

If that's how it works, then there is no problem and I have just
misunderstood. From reading that policy section alone, it looked like if
you didn't specify the alternative for a real package, the choice of a
package from among those providing it would be arbitrary.

Ben