Re: New field Package-List in .dsc

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 04:25:46PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >                                                    First line is always
> > the source entry.
>
> Do you want this constraint part of the definition or a implementation
> detail?

I don't really care. I think it's cleaner to always have it first but
I don't think it matters much.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 09:52:38AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > But apparently the wanna-build team would like to have this information as
> > well (to know which source packages build arch: all packages). So I'm
> > going to add it and I'll follow you advice of replacing spaces by
> > commas. That way we still have the possibility to add supplementary
> > columns in the future if needed.
>
> On second thought, I think it is time to make this a key-value list
> instead of bare values. Then we can add or remove values without
> disrupting other users of the infos. Also a vendor may explicitely add
> new values if they think they need it.

That would be overkill. Vendor already have the option to add
supplementary fields[1] so I don't see whey they would have to also be able
add values in that field in particular.

Cheers,

[1] And Ubuntu uses it for Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed in .changes.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)