Clarification of Format field in #547272 (Was: Policy release planned for next weekend)

tag 547272 + patch
thanks

Le Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 03:23:57PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> I'm planning to upload Policy 3.8.5 next weekend (the delay being some
> time to make the necessary updates to Lintian and hopefully release both
> together).  Please let me know if anyone sees any problems with that
> plan.

Dear Russ,

I sent a patch to #547272 last month, about the version field name in control
data files.  Since I was not mastering the git sorcery of patch sending, it
went without title and perhaps that is the reason it had no reaction. Would you
consider having a look at it? The current recommendation of using ‘Format:
1.5’ is really confusing.

In that patch I also added documentation for the new SHA field names, but
this has been obsoleted by your recent work. Please ignore that part.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Illkirch, France