Re: Removing the manpage requirement for GUI programs?

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 05 mars 2010 à 09:30 +0100, Vincent Lefevre a écrit :
> > > Because the users have not yet decided if they want to start the application
> > > and they look to the manpage for guidance.
> >
> > Yes, and for various reasons, it may happen that the application
> > doesn't start (e.g. due to incorrect environment), and the user
> > cannot look at the help from the menu to see what's wrong.
>
> Sometimes when I read such nonsense, I wonder if we are really using the
> same distribution.

Of course it does not happen, that evolution crashes for specific
mails and then keeps crashing on every new start, because it opens the
same mail. The only way to fix this, is to start with a different
component. Do you need the bug report #? So how do you access the
help menu to get the switches?

JFTR: Yes, we are using the same distribution.

Regards, Daniel
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser