Re: Removing the manpage requirement for GUI programs?

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Le jeudi 04 mars 2010 à 01:22 +0100, Luca Niccoli a écrit :

>> As has already been noted, the policy says there SHOULD be a manual
>> page, so a missing one doesn't make a package RC buggy.

> No, but it fills the BTS with pointless bugs. I think we have better
> things to do with our developer time and project resources.

If the bug is filed by someone who doesn't use or is curious about the
program and is just filing bugs on any program without a man page, I agree
with you that the bug probably shouldn't have been filed and we should ask
people not to do that.

If the bug was filed by someone who was trying to find information about
the program and failed or had extra difficulty because there is no man
page, then that bug is not pointless.  It reflects an end-user problem
with the package which has not been fixed.  It may be a low priority, but
it's a legitimate bug.