Re: Policy 3.9.1 planning

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> writes:

> Would this be worth a lintian warning? I've tried to remove .la files
> from quite a few GNOME packages but I couldn't because there were other
> packages' .la files referencing them. Maybe a lintian warning would make
> people more aware of the issue.

Yeah, it may be at that point -- the concern with a Lintian warning was
that we didn't want to have people remove them when other packages still
depended on them, and had at least one case of that which caused a bunch
of problems.  But if we analyzed the *.la file and checked
dependency_libs, we could at least warn about that.