Re: What defines the format of the NEWS.Debian file?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> So what is your feeling about this, would it be better to submit a patch
> to the Developer's Reference or the Policy, or to report a bug on
> apt-listchanges for making unwarranted assumptions on NEWS.Debian?

There's already a bug filed against apt-listchanges.  (#523436 and, for
that matter, #247356.)  I think this is just a bug; the Lintian tag is a
temporary workaround until it's fixed, only really justified by the fact
that the bug has been around for six years.