Re: [PATCH 0/4] Bug#545548: Documentation updates
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Bug#545548: Documentation updates
- From: Russ Allbery <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:53:55 -0800
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20100201160019.GC21104@yellowpig> (Bill Allombert's message of "Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:00:19 +0100")
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100201155900.GB21104@yellowpig> <20100201160019.GC21104@yellowpig>
Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 04:59:00PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> Please find a SGML version of upgrading-checklist.
> Here it is.
I assume that you did the conversion via some sort of automated tool. Is
there any way that the converter could be told to explicitly close tags
rather than using implicit tag closures like this:
> <sect> Version 220.127.116.11
> Release Jan 2010.
That's generally considered poor SGML style and tends to confuse
SGML-aware editors that can otherwise help with useful indentation.
Otherwise, the idea seems fine to me. I would still eventually like to
move everything to Docbook-XML, but in the meantime fewer formats makes
Russ Allbery (email@example.com) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>