Re: use README.source to describe whether committing to VCS is desired

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:09:22 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:41:07PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > +       <p>
> > +         In addition, <file>debian/README.source</file> may also be
> I'd rather use "should" if, as it seems from the few early messages,
> there is consensus on this change.

To be honest, I'm a bit ambivalent: On the one hand I like the idea
of having the info in the package for NMUs, on the other hand having
to add a (line to) debian/README.source for ~1500 package in the perl
group saying "If you are a DD please work off and commit to $URI."
sounds a bit scary. -- But I have no better idea either at the
moment.

Cheers,
gregor

--