Re: FHS and X manual pages

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 02:29:09PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's been pointed out to me that we violate FHS ever since [1] is
> included in Debian.
>
> The FHS says "All X Window System manual pages must have an x appended
> to the filename."

I always wondered what does that actually mean and I interpreted it
(probably wrongly) as saying that e.g. the manpage for XFree should
actually be XFree.3x to avoid risk on conflicts with other packages.

We does that for ncurses, ssh and perl at least and this seems reasonnable
for X also.

Could you restate the options for people unfamiliar with xorg packaging ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.