Re: use README.source to describe whether committing to VCS is desired

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:41:07PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> +       <p>
> +         In addition, <file>debian/README.source</file> may also be
                                                           ^^^
I'd rather use "should" if, as it seems from the few early messages,
there is consensus on this change.

> +         used to describe how a source package is managed by its maintainers,
> +         for instance by detailing the write permissions on the version
> +         control system in which it is stored, or to provide a link
> +         to the group policy it follows.
> +       </p>
>        </sect>
>      </chapt>

> +         Instruction on how to use and manage a Debian source package
> +         can be written in a <file>debian/README.source</file> documentation
> +         file.

IMO, this is too vague, I'd like to see VCS mentioned as a concept,
otherwise the reader will likely miss the point of this change.

> Have a nice day,

Thanks for the patch!
If the policy maintainers want a bug report to keep track of this,
please say so.

Cheers.