Re: Difficulty rebuilding text files with org-mode

On Thu, Nov 12 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Manoj, when I tried to rebuild upgrading-checklist, I got the following
> error:
>
> % /usr/bin/emacs23 --batch -Q -l ./README-css.el -l org --visit upgrading-checklist.org --funcall org-export-as-ascii
> Autoloading failed to define function org-export-as-ascii

        Hmm. I can't reproduce this when running as me. I'll see what I
 get in my build virtual machine this weekend.

> Running:
>
> % /usr/bin/emacs23 --batch -Q -l ./README-css.el -l org -l org-ascii --visit upgrading-checklist.org --funcall org-export-as-ascii
> Saving file /home/eagle/dvl/debian/policy/upgrading-checklist.txt...
> Wrote /home/eagle/dvl/debian/policy/upgrading-checklist.txt
> ASCII export done, pushed to kill ring and clipboard
>
> instead worked.  I'm not sure what's going on, since org-install.el does
> have an autoload for org-export-as-ascii.  HTML generation worked fine.

        Well, if it works, I have no problem explicitly loading
 org-ascii.

        On an unrelated note, since there have been no objections to my
 modeling exercise about maintainer script call graph as it relates to
 package state transitions, I am planning on adding it to the policy
 package. Should I install this informative document in a new "docs"
 subdirectory?

        manoj
--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein : Understanding the world